QUALITY CONTROL & ROASTING ASSISTANT, NORTH AMERICA
Collaborative Coffee Source (CCS) is looking for a self-motivated individual to join our team in the Boston area in North America. This individual will assist the Global Buyer & Quality Control Manager - responsible for the quality control of all the green coffee imported by our company - and provide additional support for Sales and Logistics. This is a full time position with some travel, based in the Boston area.
Who are CCS
We are a quality and education focused green coffee sourcing and import company founded in Oslo, Norway, and are expanding our market in North America.
CCS currently sources coffee in ten countries from Central & South America and East Africa and serve clients across three continents: Europe, North America and Asia.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
Handle green coffee samples from inventory management of samples to distributing samples to customers, as well as samples roasting and setting up cuppings for customers. This includes:
- Receive Samples (offer samples, pre-shipment samples, arrival samples, miscellaneous);
- Perform quality control on all samples that have been received (e.g. water activity, moisture level, Blacklight);
- Enter coffee data (origin info & QC results) into Cropster and Quality Control Google spreadsheet;
- Roast & cup received samples, send feedback if needed and/or report back
- Manage outgoing samples that are to be sent out to potential customers from Sales Team;
- Manage samples for Sales Presentations;
- Maintain Cropster Hub;
- Organize lab, create systems, protocols, etc.;
- Sales support;
- Logistics support processing releases and providing customer service.
- Education and/or experience: a minimum of five (5) years in specialty coffee with at least one (1) year roasting experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
- A demonstrated capability to collaborate with and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and customers;
- A flexible nature, positive temperament and ability to handle stressful situations;
- Enjoys working independently with minimal guidance as well as with a close-knit team;
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated;
- The ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated creativity and initiative finding solutions for key issues.
To apply, please submit your resume to Robyn.